Love Cake

Welcome to Love Cake.

A blog about my observations on life and everything I love with a food analogy twist: Family, Romance, Soul Mates Stories, Parenting, Spirituality, Friendship, Relationships, Sex, Fine Arts, Movies, Girlie Stuff, Music, and nonetheless, Food and Etiquette.(Oh! And even cute animals!)

I hope you will enjoy reading me. And please friends, don't be shy to leave comments. I would love to hear your thoughts. :)

Love,

Davine



Wednesday, April 6, 2011

That hamster...What a ham! ;)

Last week, I caught up with a good old friend from high school. She was that kind of friend who saw magic and created magic wherever she went. She sees people in a way that no one sees and saw me when I wouldn't dare look at myself in the mirror. Being a teenager was hard, but Elyssa made it easier for me to see what was in front of me. Passion. Magic. Dreams.

She is such a free spirit and I've always been inspired by her positive and warm energy. I think she was the first kindred soul I have crossed path with. As I was unraveling my current life hurdles and frustrations, and disappointment in certain people, she put a light on my foggy thoughts and gave me those kind words of wisdom: " When you don't understand someone, just think of that person as a hamster. Another entity, or creature so different from you that you cannot have any expectations anymore. They do what they do because they are hamsters. It is in their nature. That is all. " So I now see my world filled with hamsters....and as a wombat, I must sit back and embrace the marvels of Mother Nature....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Again. --This song I wrote with Komar after I lost a friend


Vocals: Davine
Guitar: Komar


The extension of our love story