Love Cake

Welcome to Love Cake.

A blog about my observations on life and everything I love with a food analogy twist: Family, Romance, Soul Mates Stories, Parenting, Spirituality, Friendship, Relationships, Sex, Fine Arts, Movies, Girlie Stuff, Music, and nonetheless, Food and Etiquette.(Oh! And even cute animals!)

I hope you will enjoy reading me. And please friends, don't be shy to leave comments. I would love to hear your thoughts. :)

Love,

Davine



Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Full Tummy

At WHAT point do we know that were are truly close to someone?
I am one of those who have flash chemistry with people, but that never was an indicator of closeness...I just open myself up easily and that often leads to an illusion of a true connection. But what really determines closeness? Is it the amount of years of friendship? The amount of things we know about that person? How much we told to this person? How many memories we built with this person? Is it about the most talking we do or more about the most experiences we share together? I could think of a friend that could correspond to each different question...but then again, I'd assume we'd be truly close if he or she felt the exact same way as well, which we don't always know necessarily. Some people I don't really consider my close friend, but I ended up being one of theirs. I thought relationships all had to be exactly reciprocal but I learned it wasn't the case.

Sometimes we invest a whole lot of energy on a person but we didn't mean the same thing to that person. I spent too much of my life trying to determine who is a better friend, but in the end, it's about how we feel during each circumstances with that friend and if they bring us positive energy during that time. Like I say often, people come and go and some return and never really left. What matters is that I am grateful for everyone who IS there, near or far, at the moment or silently present, but would show up at the right time. My friendship tummy is full and I feel so lucky to be this well surrounded. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Again. --This song I wrote with Komar after I lost a friend


Vocals: Davine
Guitar: Komar


The extension of our love story