Love Cake

Welcome to Love Cake.

A blog about my observations on life and everything I love with a food analogy twist: Family, Romance, Soul Mates Stories, Parenting, Spirituality, Friendship, Relationships, Sex, Fine Arts, Movies, Girlie Stuff, Music, and nonetheless, Food and Etiquette.(Oh! And even cute animals!)

I hope you will enjoy reading me. And please friends, don't be shy to leave comments. I would love to hear your thoughts. :)

Love,

Davine



Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Fine Arts, Fresh Fruits for Brunch and the Warmth of a Real Mug :)

I have a foodie cousin from San Jose, California, who came to visit us a couple weeks ago. He made me discover a charming little brunch place in Arlington, close to where he was staying called Cassatt's Café. Cassatt's Cafe, named after the American painter Mary Cassatt, features monthly showings of work by members of the Arlington Artists Alliance. When we were there, talented young artists as young as seven years old were showcased all over the walls. This place is a true gem and a great half way point between our D.C suburbs and the city.

My family got to reunite with a long lost cousin. My fingers finally got to get their scarce public display of affection with a real coffee mug. My tongue got to savor real fresh fruits laid over delicious crispy French toast along with my Café au Lait. I felt like I was in Montreal again. Things you take for granted when residing in the city....

In our distant suburbs, most coffee shops close when you finally put your kids to bed and all the coffee is served in a disposable paper cup. Coffee is meant for people who need to wake up, in a hurry and on the go. I truly missed the charm of a tiny coffee shop, wrapping my hands around a warm ceramic mug, see and feel the latte foam without that plastic lid and get a latte mustache all over my upper lip. I missed being able to admire Art work while enjoying a fresh light brunch with fruits that didn't come out gooey from a can. It made me realize how I miss city life more than I thought. You will now see me more often in that little spot. It's definitely worth the extra twenty minute drive. :)






2 comments:

Happy Again. --This song I wrote with Komar after I lost a friend


Vocals: Davine
Guitar: Komar


The extension of our love story