Love Cake

Welcome to Love Cake.

A blog about my observations on life and everything I love with a food analogy twist: Family, Romance, Soul Mates Stories, Parenting, Spirituality, Friendship, Relationships, Sex, Fine Arts, Movies, Girlie Stuff, Music, and nonetheless, Food and Etiquette.(Oh! And even cute animals!)

I hope you will enjoy reading me. And please friends, don't be shy to leave comments. I would love to hear your thoughts. :)

Love,

Davine



Friday, July 1, 2011

A Hint of Cambodia's Flavor

The first time I heard this new song from The Black Keys, called Tighten Up, it made me groove right away. But not in the way you would expect. I started flapping my hands like a graceful duck and making little timid smiles...gee, just like when I would dance to a Cambodian Saravan music groove. Cambodian people, you know what I'm talking about. :P

I couldn't help myself daydreaming of a Cambodian wedding reception where the live band would play this song from The Black Keys and it would turn into an edgy Saravan and people from every generation would mix in to dance to it.

Here's a clip of Tighten Up, from the Black Keys:



And now, a Cambodian Saravan...can you hear the similarity?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Again. --This song I wrote with Komar after I lost a friend


Vocals: Davine
Guitar: Komar


The extension of our love story