Love Cake

Welcome to Love Cake.

A blog about my observations on life and everything I love with a food analogy twist: Family, Romance, Soul Mates Stories, Parenting, Spirituality, Friendship, Relationships, Sex, Fine Arts, Movies, Girlie Stuff, Music, and nonetheless, Food and Etiquette.(Oh! And even cute animals!)

I hope you will enjoy reading me. And please friends, don't be shy to leave comments. I would love to hear your thoughts. :)

Love,

Davine



Thursday, July 7, 2011

Having Some Bun...

It's surely more fun when you have some "bun". In Cambodian, the term "bun" refers to the quality of your karma. The more good you have and feel in your life, the more "bun" you must be having according to popular belief. Interestingly enough, the homonym "bonne" also means "good" in French.

What is karma exactly? According to Wikipedia, in Indian religions, it is the concept of "action" or "deed", understood as that which causes the entire cycle of cause and effect originating in ancient India and treated in Hindu, Jain, Buddhist and Sikh philosophies.

Growing up, I always pictured Karma as a tough judge who kept track of every action and reaction in our lives to decide its fate in our upcoming life. Like a type of Karma Police. (why do I have a Radiohead song pop in my mind as I say this? :p ). But then, I always wondered how it tallied everything...In some cases, Karma seems to be fair and it seems to make sense, and I get some comfort thinking good people deserve the good they have and bad people would reap what they sow soon enough...But what about natural disasters? How could an entire nation have the same punishment with a Tsunami for instance? Babies, kids and everyone all suffered the same way all because of their previous life? Were they all in the wrong equally to suffer this way now in the present life?

What if Karma wasn't really a judge but more of a mother: The mother of all souls. Like any parent, you guide and judge what's right or wrong, but parents can sometimes neglect some aspects. What if Karma was a "Karma Momma" who couldn't keep track of EVERY single soul? Could that explain the discrepancies when some situations seem unfair? Like bad people having a great life and good people hustling their entire existence? So it wouldn't be only about how much "bun" someone has or had earned, but also the condition the "bun" was raised or neglected by the mother bun? Maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Again. --This song I wrote with Komar after I lost a friend


Vocals: Davine
Guitar: Komar


The extension of our love story