Love Cake

Welcome to Love Cake.

A blog about my observations on life and everything I love with a food analogy twist: Family, Romance, Soul Mates Stories, Parenting, Spirituality, Friendship, Relationships, Sex, Fine Arts, Movies, Girlie Stuff, Music, and nonetheless, Food and Etiquette.(Oh! And even cute animals!)

I hope you will enjoy reading me. And please friends, don't be shy to leave comments. I would love to hear your thoughts. :)

Love,

Davine



Tuesday, April 12, 2011


And this time, my pork liver pudding award goes to...

Grey’s Anatomy. This award is not for the quality of the show itself but the quality of the relationships in it. Despite it being very entertaining, that TV series has way too much gizzards, liver and guts. There is not enough meat, real life rapport, and authentic decent relationships. The so-called “best friends” talk to each other without ever truly listening to each other (when they’re not talking all over each other). For surgeons, their emotional IQ is the same as a dead leaf where they have no clue what they want and whom they want. McDreamy is so into Meredith but I could never understand based on what. She is McAnnoying and the most self-absorbed character on that show. They all apparently love each other so much but never considered their partner when doing something so stupid, like McSteamy choosing to have a baby (TWICE!!) over being with Lexie but apparently loves her so much. I don’t get people who look up to that show and find any of those couples endearing or sweet. I understand there wouldn’t be a story without drama, but it should be based on some realistic grounds still. “Imagination is not a lie”, like my favorite author Daniel Pennac quoted. Give me at least, just one decent human interaction miss-creator–of-the-show Shonda Rhimes? Is it because you have never met nor had any decent relationship that you are not able to write about it?

1 comment:

  1. Right! Drama reflects someone's reality. For some a sad reality, other's a fantasy.

    ReplyDelete

Happy Again. --This song I wrote with Komar after I lost a friend


Vocals: Davine
Guitar: Komar


The extension of our love story