Love Cake

Welcome to Love Cake.

A blog about my observations on life and everything I love with a food analogy twist: Family, Romance, Soul Mates Stories, Parenting, Spirituality, Friendship, Relationships, Sex, Fine Arts, Movies, Girlie Stuff, Music, and nonetheless, Food and Etiquette.(Oh! And even cute animals!)

I hope you will enjoy reading me. And please friends, don't be shy to leave comments. I would love to hear your thoughts. :)

Love,

Davine



Friday, April 1, 2011

Maki & Maki Rolls

The first time I ever tried sushi, and more specifically maki rolls, was with my childhood and yet so current friend Marie-Kim, that I call with affection Maki. :)
She took me to this quaint Japanese restaurant in Montreal called Atami and I was in awe in front of that wooden boat-looking board with plenty of colorful pleasing-to-the-eye rolls on it. We shared our lunch together along with great topics and laughter, like we always do for over a decade and a half already.
Maki rolls are so fresh, lean yet so satisfying and they are at their best when shared with someone. Just like my friend Maki, who was able to remain current throughout practically my entire life, so light, without any drama between us, just fun. I share this "brotherhood" type of friendship with her, almost geekish I could say if you heard some of our topics, and we share so many common interests and for some magical reason, our lives always crossed at the most interesting times. I truly love what I have with Maki and I hope we will be able to keep it fresh without any life food cross contamination. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Again. --This song I wrote with Komar after I lost a friend


Vocals: Davine
Guitar: Komar


The extension of our love story