Love Cake

Welcome to Love Cake.

A blog about my observations on life and everything I love with a food analogy twist: Family, Romance, Soul Mates Stories, Parenting, Spirituality, Friendship, Relationships, Sex, Fine Arts, Movies, Girlie Stuff, Music, and nonetheless, Food and Etiquette.(Oh! And even cute animals!)

I hope you will enjoy reading me. And please friends, don't be shy to leave comments. I would love to hear your thoughts. :)

Love,

Davine



Monday, April 4, 2011

Lemon Aid

Today, my little cutie pie in my belly is the size of a lemon. I am starting to show a little and needed some new maternity clothes, despite the fact that I already had some in my closet from three years ago. Times change. My body changed. My tastes changed.

In the maternity store, I spotted a cute vintage top that would be perfect for this summer but couldn't reach for the other sizes in the back. They started with extra small in the front and I was probably going to need the extra huge size in the way back. I tiptoed and still couldn't reach so I asked the sales person if she had any of those tops in my size. She didn't even bother looking at me and responded that all they had was in the store. I was hoping she'd come and look and get it for me since I couldn't reach.

It made me a little aggravated that she would rather play with her iPhone than providing me some decent level of service. So I told her I couldn't reach and was about to state the obvious...that I was pregnant.. I know. Shouldn't use the pregnancy card...but being in a maternity store. She had such a sour face...then, I was so glad I didn't say anything because the sales lady waddled by me with a HUGE belly. I couldn't believe how I did not notice it from behind the counter. She was as huge as a house and clearly was ready to pop anytime soon. And she also could not reach that top I wanted either. I felt bad, that she was in worse shape than me, but then....she still works at the store....you would expect a minimum level of service don't you think? I thought this could be an interesting Seinfeld episode...

1 comment:

Happy Again. --This song I wrote with Komar after I lost a friend


Vocals: Davine
Guitar: Komar


The extension of our love story