Love Cake

Welcome to Love Cake.

A blog about my observations on life and everything I love with a food analogy twist: Family, Romance, Soul Mates Stories, Parenting, Spirituality, Friendship, Relationships, Sex, Fine Arts, Movies, Girlie Stuff, Music, and nonetheless, Food and Etiquette.(Oh! And even cute animals!)

I hope you will enjoy reading me. And please friends, don't be shy to leave comments. I would love to hear your thoughts. :)

Love,

Davine



Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Secret Garden

When I was born, I was given a pile of dirt, like anyone else, and planted my dreams, hopes, and secrets in it. Some flowers, and some species I wasn't even aware I planted bloomed. Some shrubs and weeds grew without my consent but it's ok since the garden was kept a secret. It was important to keep it a secret, to preserve its beauty, its majesty, but also its flaws.

What happens when someone else steps into your secret garden? Will they dig it? Will they judge and perceive your favorite flower as a weed? Everyone has a secret garden but not many have a special person they can trust to walk in and out and not reveal its location.

To tell or not to tell everything to the person you love? Most people I know would say not to tell and find me foolish to tell everything to my husband. They are amazed that he tells me everything as well. What is there to hide? If it's sexual, wouldn't it be even greater if your partner knows exactly how to be that person you need him or her to be? And other important matter, shouldn't you share everything since every decision you make has a direct impact on the other and you chose to be a team after all? Through the bad and the worst.

I understand their ground though, those who still keep their garden a secret even to their close ones. I didn't share my secret garden to anyone, but then, I never had much problems opening up to people in the first place. I had a lot of flowers I wanted to share, and show, not that many secrets to bury. It's normal to want to keep our garden intact. It's extraordinary to be able to share that garden with someone, who wouldn't come step all over it, not respect its path and curves. It is extraordinary to have someone not only appreciate our garden, but helps it flourish, and helps gating it and keeping it safe from others who are looking for rarity. Until I met that person, I never thought it would be this pleasant to garden with someone. Now, our secret garden is even bigger and it is a true safe haven.

2 comments:

  1. This is a great post. As I get older I see the importance of sharing everything. Sometimes sharing that secret place comes with consequences but at least I can confidently say that I was honest and trusting...besides if they trample through it, then I always try to find a way to rebuild it and let it bloom again.
    PS: I love that picture!

    ReplyDelete

Happy Again. --This song I wrote with Komar after I lost a friend


Vocals: Davine
Guitar: Komar


The extension of our love story