Love Cake

Welcome to Love Cake.

A blog about my observations on life and everything I love with a food analogy twist: Family, Romance, Soul Mates Stories, Parenting, Spirituality, Friendship, Relationships, Sex, Fine Arts, Movies, Girlie Stuff, Music, and nonetheless, Food and Etiquette.(Oh! And even cute animals!)

I hope you will enjoy reading me. And please friends, don't be shy to leave comments. I would love to hear your thoughts. :)

Love,

Davine



Monday, February 21, 2011


Tortino Cioccolato

It's been a while...I felt like I needed to live more and write less for a few weeks.

I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day last week. Mine was so magical that I had to take a moment to gather all my thoughts together for my upcoming posts.

Even though it should be Valentine's Day every single day, we do love to celebrate that day dedicated to LOVE. And this year was our tenth Valentine we celebrated, Komar and I. I must say, it has been such a long time where I haven't been thrown out of my culinary comfort zone. Food shocks are such memorable times for me and all that week-end, a sublime mix of a tingly palette, excited taste buds and curled toes were on the menu. (ok, that could sound pretty disgusting....). lol. One word: wow.

The week prior, I watched Bizzarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern. That episode took place in Venice and I was drooling and so wished I
was there with him, savoring those fresh Venetian grilled and marinated octopus and dishes simmered in squid ink. I have tasted many exotic dishes but never have I tried squid ink. It was definitely on my bucket list as far as food adventures.

So we ended at this charming Italian restaurant, in Historic Downtown Leesburg, called Palio. The menu du jour was featuring a grilled octopus salad on baby arugula. I ordered it expecting a little salad with calamari like salad. This is what I got instead:

A gigantic delicious marinated and grilled octopus, just like on the Bizzarre Foods! The one I so wanted to eat. And it did not stop. Everything I ordered left me with my mouth and eyes wide opened. So many surprises. The kind that make me feel like I'm traveling. And the timing as well. I didn't expect finding any restaurant offering such authentic dishes in this area. I was in love and in food heaven.
I even got to taste freshly made linguini cooked in squid ink that day too. And to top it all, the dessert was to die for: Tortino Cioccolato. Warm chocolate cake, Vanilla Gelato, extra virgin olive oil, sea salt. My eyes got so wide opened after the first bite. If that doesn't put you in a good mood, I don't know what will....

Discovering new food, or anything new with Komar is amazing. He is the best partner for that. We ended the evening at a pub and got to hear a friend play live with his band. What a night....and...What a week-end...and mostly....What a man! Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. The one thing I noticed is that all these extreme food shows are all hosted by men. They should give you your own show b/c you are adventurous (and brave) to try any type of food-a quality that we love about you!
    ~denise

    ReplyDelete

Happy Again. --This song I wrote with Komar after I lost a friend


Vocals: Davine
Guitar: Komar


The extension of our love story