Love Cake

Welcome to Love Cake.

A blog about my observations on life and everything I love with a food analogy twist: Family, Romance, Soul Mates Stories, Parenting, Spirituality, Friendship, Relationships, Sex, Fine Arts, Movies, Girlie Stuff, Music, and nonetheless, Food and Etiquette.(Oh! And even cute animals!)

I hope you will enjoy reading me. And please friends, don't be shy to leave comments. I would love to hear your thoughts. :)

Love,

Davine



Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Gold Fishes

You cannot expect a gold fish to become a pet. No matter how long you feed it and talk to it, it will not remember a thing. You cannot eat gold fish crackers and call it lunch either. My son would argue with me on that one. But Gold Fish Crackers are not a meal. You can't expect anything from gold fishes. They clutter your counter top, dirty the water tank and swim in circles. Even though you know how lame they are, you can enjoy their non-company and stare at them for hours but that's about it. Cannot expect more from gold fishes. Especially not empathie.

I had a gold fish friend. Well, she was worse than a gold fish because at least, gold fishes do not drain your energy and seek for your help, support and advice all the time. They simply forget. A gold fish friend is worse, since they expect things from you but forget their own role in the relationship. I should have known she was a gold fish this entire time. I know better now and that is all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Again. --This song I wrote with Komar after I lost a friend


Vocals: Davine
Guitar: Komar


The extension of our love story