Love Cake

Welcome to Love Cake.

A blog about my observations on life and everything I love with a food analogy twist: Family, Romance, Soul Mates Stories, Parenting, Spirituality, Friendship, Relationships, Sex, Fine Arts, Movies, Girlie Stuff, Music, and nonetheless, Food and Etiquette.(Oh! And even cute animals!)

I hope you will enjoy reading me. And please friends, don't be shy to leave comments. I would love to hear your thoughts. :)

Love,

Davine



Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Turkey ♥ ♥ ♥

This year, I am thankful for everything that happened to us, the good, the bad AND the ugly. Even though it was the worst year of my life, it ended up to be the best one as well. Without all the fear of losing our sole income, health, and sanity, we wouldn't be able to appreciate what we have as much afterwards. We must go through tumultuous storms in order to appreciate a silver lining.

I am thankful for my amazing husband who has been taking the best care of me during my medical nightmare. His sturdy hands took care of my wounds, both physical and emotional. He was my pillar, my strength. I wouldn't have been able to get through those dark clouds without him by my side. He is a true partner and I feel so blessed to have him.

I am thankful for my two wonderful healthy sons and very thankful that all the medical intervention while I was pregnant did not interfere with my newborn. He is in perfect health and I am so grateful for that.

I am thankful for my loving family and friends who knew how to keep my spirit uplifted and soothe my soul. They were loving, caring and so supportive. I knew I was well-surrounded but now, it cemented my trust in them even more. I am thankful for rough times like these that allow me to weed out fair-weather friends and those who don't mean enough in my life. Life is too short to waste it on people who don't truly value us.

I am thankful for the fear of leaving my loved ones behind. Now, I realize how much I want to live no matter what. How much I am willing to fight to preserve all the good that I currently have. It is truly an amazing life lesson.

I am thankful for change. Change is scary, but it can be for the best. In our case this year, it was a true blessing in disguise. I also got to spend the most quality time with my brother, parents and even grandmother. Without my illness, they wouldn't have flown all the way to our town to take care of me and help out with my sons. I got to build wonderful new memories, and childhood memories for my kids. I am truly thankful for those magical moments.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone and enjoy this wonderful holiday with your loved ones. In the end, only one thing matters : LOVE. ♥ ♥ ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Again. --This song I wrote with Komar after I lost a friend


Vocals: Davine
Guitar: Komar


The extension of our love story