Love Cake

Welcome to Love Cake.

A blog about my observations on life and everything I love with a food analogy twist: Family, Romance, Soul Mates Stories, Parenting, Spirituality, Friendship, Relationships, Sex, Fine Arts, Movies, Girlie Stuff, Music, and nonetheless, Food and Etiquette.(Oh! And even cute animals!)

I hope you will enjoy reading me. And please friends, don't be shy to leave comments. I would love to hear your thoughts. :)

Love,

Davine



Saturday, November 26, 2011

Crushed Bones in the Grand Canyon...

I was talking with a good old friend when she asked me, "At what point did you know he fell in love you? Like, truly loved you?". How do you know?

And so I asked him. This is how our conversation went:

- When did you know you fell in love with me?
- I think when I waited for you while you were at your friend's wedding. It seemed like the longest time ever and I kept on yearning for your return. Then I knew something was brewing.
- It wasn't later when you took care of me while I had my wisdom teeth removed?
-No. I fell for you a LONG time ago. By that point, I fell for you for so long that my bones were already crushed in a huge ditch by then...like in the Grand Canyon! :P

Well, that was when I really realized he was here to stay. When I got my wisdom teeth removed, we were dating for about a year already and he flew up to Montreal to be by my side. I was at the pharmacy and my mouth was so numb, I couldn't feel I was drooling while waiting for my prescription. People were giving me weird looks but he didn't hesitate to clean me up without being disgusted. That was when I thought to myself, "Wow, he really loves me. This is so not romantic but he is willing to wipe me and still look at me like I was the cutest thing". I, then, knew we'd grow old together.

I knew I madly loved him from the day I realized I could not go by a day without talking or hearing from him. :) How about you? What is your story?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Again. --This song I wrote with Komar after I lost a friend


Vocals: Davine
Guitar: Komar


The extension of our love story