Love Cake

Welcome to Love Cake.

A blog about my observations on life and everything I love with a food analogy twist: Family, Romance, Soul Mates Stories, Parenting, Spirituality, Friendship, Relationships, Sex, Fine Arts, Movies, Girlie Stuff, Music, and nonetheless, Food and Etiquette.(Oh! And even cute animals!)

I hope you will enjoy reading me. And please friends, don't be shy to leave comments. I would love to hear your thoughts. :)

Love,

Davine



Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Rising Bun or should it be...The Rising Son :P

It is becoming more and more real. The timer on the oven says that I'm half way there already. Soon enough, I will be a mother of two boys. I will surely be busy.

I really look forward to see how the brothers will play and interact together. Even though it surely would have been nice to have a baby girl, to experience one of each, I am pretty relieved to be blessed with another little boy. Boys are surely fun. :)

Coming from a very traditional Cambodian family, I am even more relieved to have a second boy. My parents would have been so much on my case if I had a girl. They'd worry and criticize the way she dresses, what she's doing, where she's going, and who she is dating (since she should not even date AT ALL!). Growing up as a girl in my family was hard, with all its double standards. I know with two boys, I will have fewer unsolicited grand-parent interventions.

I love how my toddler seems to already grasp the notion of an upcoming baby brother. He likes to talk about the baby in the belly, calls him "baby Nathan belly" and puts food in my belly button to feed his brother. I can't wait to meet our second bundle of joy! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Again. --This song I wrote with Komar after I lost a friend


Vocals: Davine
Guitar: Komar


The extension of our love story