Love Cake

Welcome to Love Cake.

A blog about my observations on life and everything I love with a food analogy twist: Family, Romance, Soul Mates Stories, Parenting, Spirituality, Friendship, Relationships, Sex, Fine Arts, Movies, Girlie Stuff, Music, and nonetheless, Food and Etiquette.(Oh! And even cute animals!)

I hope you will enjoy reading me. And please friends, don't be shy to leave comments. I would love to hear your thoughts. :)

Love,

Davine



Wednesday, May 11, 2011

At the Chinese Buffet...

As I was juggling two plates, one for my son and one for me, in the middle of a Chinese Buffet aisle, I glanced at the raw oysters and wished I had a remote control to fast forward time and push my baby out so I could eat all these raw delights. The buffet ambiance was nice, despite the week-end seafood chaos and people cutting in front of me to grab the tongs to dig into the Lo-Mein. My plate seemed colorful enough and I was ready to join the boys back at our tables when my eyes started tearing and I started feeling this knot in my chest. I felt like I could cry right there in the middle of all this yummy food. I didn't realize at first why I felt so sad all of a sudden, but then, being pregnant and hormonal, I wasn't that surprised either. I thought I may have walked by the onions at the salad bar and took a too big sniff maybe. Then, I realized it was the music in the background that was playing. It brought me back all these strange emotions and it took me a while to recognize it. It was a melody that I heard while watching an amazing video on YouTube. I've post it below so you will understand....A true tear jerker. :*(


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Again. --This song I wrote with Komar after I lost a friend


Vocals: Davine
Guitar: Komar


The extension of our love story