Love Cake

Welcome to Love Cake.

A blog about my observations on life and everything I love with a food analogy twist: Family, Romance, Soul Mates Stories, Parenting, Spirituality, Friendship, Relationships, Sex, Fine Arts, Movies, Girlie Stuff, Music, and nonetheless, Food and Etiquette.(Oh! And even cute animals!)

I hope you will enjoy reading me. And please friends, don't be shy to leave comments. I would love to hear your thoughts. :)

Love,

Davine



Thursday, May 3, 2012

Sweet as honey glazed chicken...

As I was scooping some LoMein noodles at a Chinese buffet, I heard this woman elbowing a man by accident. She apologized very politely until she realized it was her husband. Than, her tone angrily changed to "Oh, it was JUST you!" and she became quickly annoyed he didn't look and wasn't more careful...

I thought it was sad that she would show more patience and tolerance with a complete stranger than with the man she married and fell in love with. Unfortunately, most everyone tend to take their loved ones for granted and sometime behave in a more civilized way with people they don't know. Shouldn't it be the other way around though? We should always remember to cherish our loved ones like on the first date. I think that's a good way to keep the mutual respect and admiration going. I say let's remain ladies and gentlemen especially at home!

We often hear that the absence of communication is what causes marriages to fall apart. I believe that a poor attitude and the tone of voice can be the culprits that plunge most relationships into silence. Because attitude triggers off attitude from the other person, it can easily lead to feelings of withdrawal and unhappiness. If our tone conveys an undercurrent of anger or frustration, sounds distracted or preoccupied, or is heavy with sarcasms, it will influence how others hear what we are saying and how they interpret our message. A misinterpretation, based on our tone, will garble the message, at best, or lead to a giant misunderstanding. The next time you speak to your partner (or anyone else in your life), take a moment to notice the way in which you speak. In the same turn, notice how others speak to you and what their tone communicates. The way you - and others - speak matters so much in relationships!!

Just some food for thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Again. --This song I wrote with Komar after I lost a friend


Vocals: Davine
Guitar: Komar


The extension of our love story