Love Cake

Welcome to Love Cake.

A blog about my observations on life and everything I love with a food analogy twist: Family, Romance, Soul Mates Stories, Parenting, Spirituality, Friendship, Relationships, Sex, Fine Arts, Movies, Girlie Stuff, Music, and nonetheless, Food and Etiquette.(Oh! And even cute animals!)

I hope you will enjoy reading me. And please friends, don't be shy to leave comments. I would love to hear your thoughts. :)

Love,

Davine



Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Starbucks Experience...in your love life

This is not a promotion campaign for Starbucks and they did not pay me to make this analogy...I simply could not come up with a  better comparison to make my point for this post...

So...What makes Starbucks so successful? How did they turn plain coffee that we are all familiar with and take for granted into such business phenomenon? The magic answer is "The Starbucks Experience".  They were able to convert what's ordinary into extraordinary.

Converting what's ordinary into extraordinary is key to happiness, I firmly believe. Not limited to your love life, but in every aspects of your life.  Everyday is filled with mundane tasks and obligations, but if you take the time to appreciate all what you have as blessings, you will discover how beautiful your life can be...

"Enjoy the little things in life...For one day, you'll look back and realize they were the big things. "

One morning, as I was preparing a bottle for my baby, tears ran down my face when I saw an unopened box of baby formula on our kitchen counter.  It made me cry because that morning,  I realized how caring my husband was (more caring than I already thought I knew), beyond the love and affection, but how he CONSTANTLY thinks of us all and is always ahead of us to fulfill our needs. Not only does he work hard, allowing me to stay home and raise both our sons, but he always makes sure we lack of nothing when he comes home. Day and night, he goes above and beyond to take care of us. The sight of that box of formula was just a reminder of his thoughtfulness and here's why:

I absolutely dislike digging into our unfinished and cold garage, where most our things are stocked...Knowing that, my dear husband always made sure HE was the one who went into the garage, everyday, to get everything we need: toilet paper, breakfast waffles, tissue boxes, baby formula etc...This could be mundane and no one would cry because of their husband's amazing stocking and inventory tracking capabilities...But it isn't about those skills solely. It's about his love for us. He did not HAVE to go in the garage all the time. But without us asking him, he goes and has been worrying about keeping track of everything so we wouldn't have to lack of anything. And he never failed on taking care of us and making us feel loved. And that, I am very grateful for. Amongst a million other things.

I have been taking for granted being able to enjoy watching all the same TV shows with my love. I did not know it wasn't common until I heard girls complain about it. Doing the grocery is so fun with my husband. I cannot explain why but it has always been something I deeply enjoyed with him. Pillow talk, waking up in the middle of the night to go to the restroom and realizing he's up as well, for the same reason, so I get another five minutes of awareness of him by my side, and kissing, half asleep, in the middle of the bathroom... All these simple things that fill out my heart and soul...You would say it doesn't take me much to appreciate things? I would then ask you, " Why do you need so much and why would anything else make you happier?"

Watching my husband dress up to go to work (delicious sight); realizing he's staring at me smiling when I thought I was alone doing something goofy; having him bring my glasses before I realize I left them in the kitchen before we get ready to watch our favorite show; him still waving at me when he's outside mowing the lawn, or out of the car pumping gas, like we used to do twelve years ago. Kiddish, you would say. Well, why not kiddish? Who else can you be that way with?

All these little attentions are the most valuable things in the world to me. It's not just about sex and attraction, it's about all the tiny little things. People notice all the tiny little things that annoy them. How about counting all the tiny little things that make you feel lucky, loved and appreciated?

Once again, turning what could pass for ordinary (because it is nothing but ordinary) into seeing it as extraordinary...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Again. --This song I wrote with Komar after I lost a friend


Vocals: Davine
Guitar: Komar


The extension of our love story