Love Cake

Welcome to Love Cake.

A blog about my observations on life and everything I love with a food analogy twist: Family, Romance, Soul Mates Stories, Parenting, Spirituality, Friendship, Relationships, Sex, Fine Arts, Movies, Girlie Stuff, Music, and nonetheless, Food and Etiquette.(Oh! And even cute animals!)

I hope you will enjoy reading me. And please friends, don't be shy to leave comments. I would love to hear your thoughts. :)

Love,

Davine



Thursday, December 15, 2011

Bones Popping and Big Macs

When I was pregnant with my first son, I had a very bad case of sciatica and saw a chiropractor to help me cope with the pain. I must confess that this "doctor" was quite good looking, and so plastic looking that you would get star-stuck when meeting him.

So I came home from my first bone popping session and told my husband how dreamy this doctor was (we have a censor-free relationship), and how I dorkily behaved around the doctor because it was so intimidating how perfect he looked. My husband listened to me attentively with a smile, the way he always does. Then, I told him I was craving for a huge juicy BigMac. My husband's face changed from looking at me like I was ice cream to being close to furious. So I asked him:

- Honey! I don't understand you sometimes! I just told you I was drooling over a godly looking man and you have no reaction whatsoever. But I tell you I want to eat a Big Mac and you get angry at me...

-That's because if you chose that man over me, that would hurt me. But if you choose to eat that Big Mac, that will hurt you and the baby.

And this was one of the most loving and romantic thing my dear husband ever said to me.

2 comments:

  1. wow, your hubby amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's true love right there... great quote. And now I'm craving for a Big Mac...

    ReplyDelete

Happy Again. --This song I wrote with Komar after I lost a friend


Vocals: Davine
Guitar: Komar


The extension of our love story