Love Cake

Welcome to Love Cake.

A blog about my observations on life and everything I love with a food analogy twist: Family, Romance, Soul Mates Stories, Parenting, Spirituality, Friendship, Relationships, Sex, Fine Arts, Movies, Girlie Stuff, Music, and nonetheless, Food and Etiquette.(Oh! And even cute animals!)

I hope you will enjoy reading me. And please friends, don't be shy to leave comments. I would love to hear your thoughts. :)

Love,

Davine



Tuesday, March 6, 2012

She says tomatoes, you say BEURK!

I have some friends who are so opinionated about their music and entertainment. They take so much pride in what they like and sometimes, to a point where they would purposely stop hanging out with someone just because that person doesn't share their same interest. I know a guy who strictly hangs out with musicians since he started playing the guitar. And he stopped calling his old best friend even though they used to have fun together, even without any music involved.

I think it's normal to favor people who have things in common with you and similar taste but only to a certain limit. When you become a snob about most things you like, that's where I have a problem. For instance, I don't understand why another friend I have needs to be such a donut hole about music. He's such a hipster about his music and discriminates and mocks anyone who enjoys mainstream sounds. And he wonders why he remains single. He eliminated more than half of single lady population just by the type of music they like to listen to.

I can already imagine this scenario: He starts seeing this girl, his dream girl, pretty as a rose, and she invites him to her apartment. She planned the entire evening, with candles and sexy lingerie. He's in awe when he sees her and cannot believe she wrapped herself like a chocolate box just for him. And then, she puts on some music with the intention of giving him a nice little sexy dance. Then he realizes it's Marvin Gaye he's hearing and he runs out of her apartment, completely turned off by her. Seriously, this friend I have is so serious about his music that he would completely miss out on a real romance opportunity for such a ludicrous reason. The sad part is that I am not even exaggerating.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this post. I just wished those people knew, when looking for love, how tiny and irrelevant it is in their relationship long term, as music changes all the time, but not their core values. They should look for people who love music since it is THAT important in their lives, but not reject someone just because they enjoy some old Madonna or Aerosmith...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Again. --This song I wrote with Komar after I lost a friend


Vocals: Davine
Guitar: Komar


The extension of our love story