Love Cake

Welcome to Love Cake.

A blog about my observations on life and everything I love with a food analogy twist: Family, Romance, Soul Mates Stories, Parenting, Spirituality, Friendship, Relationships, Sex, Fine Arts, Movies, Girlie Stuff, Music, and nonetheless, Food and Etiquette.(Oh! And even cute animals!)

I hope you will enjoy reading me. And please friends, don't be shy to leave comments. I would love to hear your thoughts. :)

Love,

Davine



Friday, June 15, 2012

For my precious Moon Pie :)

She has been living in this warm pink house in the suburbs I grew in and opened her home and heart to me when I was about seven or eight years old. The minute I crossed her threshold, my little kid self would be anticipating one of her signature surprises: New flavors to discover? Soap bubbles in her swimming pool? Plenty of fun arts and crafts that would occupy us for hours on her back patio? A special furry kitty to pet? (I miss that cat...Oh my was she magical).  I have such fond memories of my sweet Moona ( I will call her this way since she would prefer I do not disclose her name on the internet). But the amazing thing is that she is still my Moona, even across all that geographic distance between us. I would have never expected that she would become closer to my heart, especially after I moved from Montreal to the D.C area.

She clearly wasn't just any neighbor. Dear Moona has been and still is a true source of comfort in my life. She entered my life when I was that tiny and has never left my life since. With her, I can remain as small as I want, but she will always see through my full potential and elevate me, like the moon acts on the tide. She is truly a guiding moon in my life, witnessing all miracles, hurdles, bumps and silver linings that come across my path. She is with me no matter where I go, in thoughts and prayers and she'd always know how to keep an appropriate distance when it was time for advice and crisis. Like the moon, she is there, omnipresent, but never overpowering, and I can be certain of one thing: I will never get a moon burn. She is a friend that I cherish and it is such a beautiful friendship that goes beyond race, generations, and life experiences. All those differences make our friendship so rich and magnificent. I hope she knows how much I value her. Hopefully she will know after reading this...

Thank you Moona for being there, and for being there to look over my beloved grandmother every time we were worried about her safety, while she was alone at home.  You rose to the occasion, every single time and showed such care that my entire family was blown away. Your heart is pure and good. I am deeply sorry for all those times in your life you were misunderstood. Moona is a family member that I chose to have in my life. You are truly one of a kind. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness...Oh my goodness...You have me now in full blown tears...tears of so much love and joy and happiness, while being touched by you so very deeply to the inner core of my heart and soul...Life blessed me with my daughter, and then, Life blessed me again, from the first day we met...and, I still feel blessed to this day, for having you, and now Komar, and the two lovely boys, present in my own life, even if, as you say, geographical distance presently separates us...My precious treasures in life itself have always been my relationships with other human beings, and I must add with animals too...surely it never was about stuff and things...and, you are, and your family also are, part of my precious treasures in my own life...and will always remain in my so special treasure box...my mind, my heart, and my soul...Thank you, dear sweetie, for simply being you, and for having accepted me in your own life, and also for honoring me in such a way...You make me feel even more than blessed in my life, by Life itself...but, also honored by Life, through You...Sweet hugs and kisuXXX, as indeed, I do love and cherish You...Lune Moon ♥

    ReplyDelete

Happy Again. --This song I wrote with Komar after I lost a friend


Vocals: Davine
Guitar: Komar


The extension of our love story