Love Cake

Welcome to Love Cake.

A blog about my observations on life and everything I love with a food analogy twist: Family, Romance, Soul Mates Stories, Parenting, Spirituality, Friendship, Relationships, Sex, Fine Arts, Movies, Girlie Stuff, Music, and nonetheless, Food and Etiquette.(Oh! And even cute animals!)

I hope you will enjoy reading me. And please friends, don't be shy to leave comments. I would love to hear your thoughts. :)

Love,

Davine



Tuesday, June 12, 2012

 And then he grabs his banana and leaves...

Dear hubby and I were having some dozy pillow talk and I asked him what his morning routine was like nowadays, since we used to have our mornings together. For his previous job, he'd wake up at eight and not leave until nine thirty but now, he's up by five thirty and gone by six. I am still snoring at that time, of course, unless I am feeding baby but I normally roll straight back to sleep. 

So there he was, walking me through his morning routine, from his zombie wakening state to his Axe fragrance freshness and as a finale, he punctuated his story with, "And then, I grab my banana and leave."


Me: " Ha ha ha ha!....You walk around with a banana in your hand in the morning without a bag? (not that there is anything wrong with it)"


Him: "Yeh. That is what I do every morning, unless I forget the banana on the counter."


Me: "That's funny." 


Him: " Well, the other day, I bumped into our neighbor Rob and he had TWO bananas in his hands on his way to work!"


I will admit it may come across as juvenile but I found it so amusing the image of a bunch of serious somnolent, professionally-dressed men walking around with a banana in their hands on their way to work, while it is still dark and too early in the morning. Funny not because of the possible innuendo with the banana, but just for the image itself. But then, I was always charmed seeing a man all suited up holding or biting into an apple. Go figure. Perhaps for the contrast maybe? I know if I was still in art school, that would be the theme that I would choose to paint as a final project: a canvas depicting several business attired men walking like zombies in the dark with a banana in their hands. Get the picture? *chuckles*.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Again. --This song I wrote with Komar after I lost a friend


Vocals: Davine
Guitar: Komar


The extension of our love story