Love Cake

Welcome to Love Cake.

A blog about my observations on life and everything I love with a food analogy twist: Family, Romance, Soul Mates Stories, Parenting, Spirituality, Friendship, Relationships, Sex, Fine Arts, Movies, Girlie Stuff, Music, and nonetheless, Food and Etiquette.(Oh! And even cute animals!)

I hope you will enjoy reading me. And please friends, don't be shy to leave comments. I would love to hear your thoughts. :)

Love,

Davine



Thursday, January 5, 2012

Coq au Vin people really need to eat some humble pie...

"Whatever makes us feel superior to other people, whatever tempts us to convey a sense of superiority, that is the gravity of our sinful nature, not grace. " Phillip Yancey

Haven't we all met obnoxious people with manifestations of a superiority complex? I try to tune off their behavior, especially when they fish so blatantly for compliments. I already promised my grandmother that I would never go fishing, since she believed it would take away some brownie points from my karma. (the whole killing a living thing with my bare hands sort-of-thing)... :P Ok, I digress...

The sad part about people with a superiority complex is that beneath that proud golden crust lies a gooey person who truly suffered from an inferiority complex and decided to act superior to mask his inferiority. Overcompensating a flaw just makes it worst most of the time. Even when they know they feel miserable from within, it doesn't seem to stop them from acting arrogant. I find their attitude very appalling but at least, I try not to let it drain me anymore.

It is wonderful to feel a new sense of confidence, but not to confuse it with arrogance. Looking at ourselves in the mirror does not mean gloating at our reflection and looking down on others, but seeing our true self and working on strengthening our weaknesses. Or at least, learn to bake and eat some humble pie...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Again. --This song I wrote with Komar after I lost a friend


Vocals: Davine
Guitar: Komar


The extension of our love story