Love Cake

Welcome to Love Cake.

A blog about my observations on life and everything I love with a food analogy twist: Family, Romance, Soul Mates Stories, Parenting, Spirituality, Friendship, Relationships, Sex, Fine Arts, Movies, Girlie Stuff, Music, and nonetheless, Food and Etiquette.(Oh! And even cute animals!)

I hope you will enjoy reading me. And please friends, don't be shy to leave comments. I would love to hear your thoughts. :)

Love,

Davine



Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Cleaning our Fridge

Good riddance 2011. Welcome 2012. Time to clean our fridges. Every year, we get a new chance to reset and start fresh. Out with the old, in with the new. I don't really believe in resolutions, since we should be at our best most of the time but I do believe in cleaning my Love Cake refrigerator. It's a great thing to preserve my fresh and relevant Love Cake ingredients, but not everything that accumulates in there needs to be kept.

On January first, it's time for me to "clean my soul". On that day, I try not to spend too much money, make choices according to what I believe to be virtuous, and talk or meet only those who are truly important in my life.

As I clean my fridge, I like to take that time to introspect and also re-evaluate my surroundings. How did I grow since last year? How did I transform? Who helped me grow and were by my side? Cleaning the fridge often means finding spoiled food in the way back of a sticky shelf....

It's a great time to trash what we need to trash, and filter all the elements that are not enriching our lives in any form, whether it's in our state of mind, relationships or anything really. This year, I tried to get rid of the clutter in my house, in my fridge, in my mind and in my social life. We accumulate so many things, and even people through our lives and after a while, those can drag you down and drain you instead of uplift you.

I like to think that a good smooth first day of the year will mean the rest will be smooth as well. I will admit having my own double standard, as I will ignore this belief if the first day of the year turns into a catastrophe. Then, I will rationalize it by saying all the bad had to get out of the way on the first day so that the rest of the year can be blissful. I am not a half glass empty type of person, nor a half glass full neither. I like to think the glass is completely full : half with water and half with air. I will have all the superstitions I can as long as it helps me remain positive.

I hope you enjoy your cleaning and have a great fresh start for this year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Again. --This song I wrote with Komar after I lost a friend


Vocals: Davine
Guitar: Komar


The extension of our love story