Love Cake

Welcome to Love Cake.

A blog about my observations on life and everything I love with a food analogy twist: Family, Romance, Soul Mates Stories, Parenting, Spirituality, Friendship, Relationships, Sex, Fine Arts, Movies, Girlie Stuff, Music, and nonetheless, Food and Etiquette.(Oh! And even cute animals!)

I hope you will enjoy reading me. And please friends, don't be shy to leave comments. I would love to hear your thoughts. :)

Love,

Davine



Monday, October 8, 2012

Surviving off mushrooms and cultivating our own corny hope...

Every time we watch a Korean or Japanese movie, I have the urge to stuff my face with some deluxe instant Ramen noodles. It is almost midnight and I am craving for some instant black bean Ramen noodles. I never had these before, but thanks to this multiple award-winning Korean movie Castaway on the Moon, these little radioactive noodles have a total new meaning to my taste buds.

Komar asked me what I wanted to watch tonight, and here was my response: "I feel like watching something that will restore my amazement in humanity. Something that will showcase our brilliance, as humans. A movie that is grand, a masterpiece, in the same lines as Amelie, Forrest Gump, or The Matrix. Something new. Something wow. Something that will change my perspective on the world."
And Komar responded: "Just that, huh...". And there he was, flipping through our Netflix, when he selected this one. "Ask and you shall receive" he would tell me, if he could predict the future and the outcome of the movie. I was blown away. There was nothing cheesy or cliché about this film. It was a true gem and a subtle love story that respected the audience's intelligence and did not need to hammer every single line to us. I love movie revelations like these.

This is the story of this sad guy who failed a suicide attempt and turned castaway in the Han River and a girl who is addicted to the Cyberworld and hasn't gone out of her house for years. They both give hope to each other and overcome their restraints. This movie treats the common ways we fall in love in a non-common way.

 It made me think of the Little Prince quote that says "It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.” ― Antoine de Saint-ExupéryThe Little Prince

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Again. --This song I wrote with Komar after I lost a friend


Vocals: Davine
Guitar: Komar


The extension of our love story